Monday, June 8, 2009

We had a bad day!

We had a bad day! One or two frisky pieces of paper kept us from moving on in this process. Needless to say we are devastated. Postponed after the hearing kind of thing. Meaning we had a hearing. It seemed to go well on our side or particulars. Rich handled the questioning very well. Then I don't know????? The judge re-scheduled the hearing. Can't get too specific.

In some way we feel we are facing the possibility of being childless. Hopefully our 2nd attempt will be successful but we are not going to lie we are very worried.

Tomorrow we visit the baby home again. I am scared that I will be hurt even more. This is so hard! :( We are pretty homesick right now. I wish I had better news to report!!!

20 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

We are praying that everything turns around quickly. Take care. Please update us when you can.

David & Jodi said...

I hope this gets worked out soon! I'll be watching for the "We had a good day" post.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Also praying that this is just a minor paperwork glitchy thing. Holding you all in my heart and prayers!

Jeanette said...

My heart aches for you right now. I can't imagine how stressed and worried you are. Hang in there! I look forward to hearing good news :)

Natalie said...

Jolynn and Rich,
Hang in there!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Jill said...

You are in my prayers. Sometimes the twists in the road are tough for us to understand or even comphrehend but try to turn it over to the Lord. He has the power to change things in a matter of seconds and He knows the plans He holds for you. I'm praying for good news!

Todd and Jana said...

What did your agency say? Do you have another court date? I hope it all gets worked out soon!

Nicole Brueck said...

Got you on Frua....I am hoping and praying your agency gets working on this NOW and fixes it, or tells whomever needs to fix it.

BIG HUGS!!!

Joy said...

Just let me know if there is anything that I can do. I am just sitting here picking my nose anyway!
Seriously you are in my thoguths and prayers always. Hang tuff!
Joy

Grammy said...

My dears, I read each of the comments from your friends. You are very lucky to have some many giving you support, good wishes and their prayers. I know all will work out well.

Do not worry at all about the home front. All is taken care of. Love and hugs to you both. Grammy

Clarese said...

Oh no! I hope everything works out soon. I'm sending positive thoughts your way for a quick resolution!

jennifer said...

Love you so much! And I too will say a prayer for you. I spoke to Holly and the kids are praying for you as well - she said the kids prayers are magical.

Don't worry about me.... just a wee lil bit of notice and I should be good to go whenever.

Love, Love, Love

Jenny

Laura said...

Jolynn and Rich: Hang in there. It's a rarity that a judge will call you to Russia for court and then decline. With all the paperwork, if that is what it is, sometimes something just needs tweaking before the judge will finalize the hearing.

I have faith that all will work out in the long run. It just has to! But it's totally understandable the stress you must be feeling. I'm so sorry.

I've got you in my prayers until then and will be checking in to see what you hear from your agency. Keep seeing Bunny and show him how much you love him!

Blessings,
Laura

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

We were delayed too, as was another couple that was there at the same time as us. . . both due to something the Ministry of Education didn't do. It all worked out in the end, but boy was it tough to go through! I'll keep you in my prayers as you navigate this part of the journey, praying that it will be a similar result for you!

God bless.
Stacy

Heather said...

Someone told us that hang ups like this make your journey more intersting and build character. I know I didn't appreciate it in the moment, but when you come back with your little one you will have quite a story to tell. Hang in there!

Amy said...

IF there is ANYTHING I can do -- being not that far from your house. Just hollar. I'll do it.

Thinking about you....

Scott said...

Sorry to hear that your hearing did not go smoothly. Good luck, we sure are hoping for the best for you guys.

Hanson Family said...

Sending lots of prayers & love your way!!! Remember- God is in control <3

Kim said...

Jolynn and Rich,
The same thing happened with us when we adopted in 2005. The judge all of the sudden stopped the court because some piece of paper regarding whether N was abandoned or refused wasn't signed correctly. We had to leave Russia and return 2 weeks later. It is very positive news that your judge already scheduled the court hearing. Your agency will take care of it and this will be just another stupid bump in the adoption world. Praying for you guys!

Kim

Anonymous said...

so sorry for the delay Jo, I'm just sure it will work out fine, I just hope you don't have to leave and return... remember Celia went through a similar issue just a little while ago?
we are all rooting for you!
big fat hugs, debs