Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Zoo

On Sunday we went to the zoo. It was a cloudy day and there was some sprinkles of rain. At one point we hid under some big trees to keep from getting too wet. Rich made the suggestion and I was so glad that he did. The coordinator said the zoo is more than 100 years old and was built by the Germans. The containment areas and cages where so different from the Detroit Zoo or other places I have been to see animals in the US. We got so much closer to the animals. The big brown bears where playing or fighting. Not sure what they where doing but it was so wild to watch. The cost was about 200 roubles per person. It was so worth it. This really helped us keep our minds off of the 2nd hearing that was coming up. If anyone is going to K-grad check out the zoo and the cafe just right of the entrance. The cafe is sort of a small buffet style. We could go in there and try our limited Russian and point if we had to. The folks that worked there are very nice. The Hotel Moscow was just across the street from the Zoo.

Hopefully, I will be able to figure out the travel changes today or tomorrow. I was a bit anxious about this yesterday. Plus I was so tried. When I re-read my previous post I noticed it was totally whiny. Rich and I have a lot to be thankful for. So I will try and not be "fretting the minutiae" too much.


2 comments:

Trisha, Duane, and Family said...

Jolynn and Rich...YIPEEE!!! I am so happy that everything has moved forward with your son. Praise God!!! A BIG CONGRATS....to his proud parents and family at home. Thanks for the blog invite and I am thrilled for you. He is a darling baby and we can't wait to see all of his sweet sweet little face;-). It gives me hope that our adoption process will happen too in Murmansk soon. Many blessings...Trisha (mom2b4#10)

Kim said...

When we were in Kaz, (yeah I know, I say that a lot but we were there for 2 months) they took us to the zoo and I hated it. It was so depressing and nothing like a zoo here. The animals look mad (not angry) and the Kaz children would crazy towards them. I remember seeing trash in their cages too. So sad.