Thursday, June 25, 2009

That was quick

Our 10 day waiting period is almost over and soon Jolynn and Jennifer will flying off to Russia again. That was quick. When we got home last week, I stepped off the plane and was back at work the next day. My sister also got married while we were gone so we had a dinner reception for them and my nephew flew off to Spain later that night. Then I worked all weekend. Then I averaged about 12 hours a day for the next three days at work. For those of you who don't know, I work in advertising. And of course this current project will make the world a better place because that's what advertising does. That was sarcasm. Sometimes it's hard to work in an industry that has a foundation of pure bullshit. But I forge on. Oh and to top it off, the SYNC system in my car stopped working. Nice. Thank you Apple, Ford and Microsoft. Way to go.

The strange thing is that I welcome these minor distractions in my life because it keeps me from worrying about Jolynn's trip. I know things will be fine. But still, my wife and my son will be a long way from home in a foreign land. Well foreign to her, not to him - and maybe not so foreign to her now either.

So I'm worried and excited. But I'm okay with it because I know things will be fine. In a couple of weeks everyone will be home.

4 comments:

Grammy said...

I was very touched with latest blog. I too will be thinking of both girls and our new baby. I also know that God is in their corner and will be watching out for them and bring them all home safe and sound. In a few months his place in our life will be as if he has been there always. I know I am looking forward to being Grammy twice.

ruliver621 said...

It was a busy week!! I will be keeping all the "Js" in my thoughts and prayers next week for a safe trip there and (finally) home.

It was SO good to see y'all and I can't wait to meet "our" baby, my new nephew!!

Aunt B

Anonymous said...

Hi! They will do great. I was in Kaliningrad without my hubby for a month. She will do great!!!
Carrie
Rylie home from Gusev 8/8/08

Joy said...

Rich, I just know that all will work out. Mommy bear will not let anyone mess with her cub.

You guys have come so far in just a few short weeks.
Joy