skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Nervous and Excited!
I spent the weekend preparing for our trip. One project was a photo album for the Judge. I got the brilliant idea that I would put headings above each photo in both English and Russian. Google translate and a couple of our books where helpful but I am not too sure about what it says. This was somewhat time consuming. So when Rich came into the office when I was nearly done saying "I hope we are not calling the Judge a nasty name inadvertently." I shouted "me too, duh!!!" We'll have to ask our translator to read through and make sure we don't offend anyone. For a picture of the back of our house the caption read "Rear of Home" the word rear did not translate well. It now reads "Back of Home." We laughed pretty hard about that. We are so excited and nervous to be returning to Russia. I believe our time between trips has been rather short in comparison to other journeys. Knowing this did not stop me from being stressed out. Part of the frustration seems to be a compounded feeling of disappointments. This path of building our family has had its road blocks. It is now time to move forward. I mean we already have come so far. We have met a pretty fantastic little boy who I know we will Love unconditionally. Please send positive thoughts and Prayers our way for a wonderful reunion and successful court outcome. We will try and update with news while we are there.
Here is one of the pictures we included to show how we are preparing for our little guy. Most of the clothes are hammy downs from our super smart and cool Nephew Brody who is two years older then Jacob. It will be so much fun to see these two little boys playing together
7 comments:
Hey Guys!!! I am so excited for you. Jolynn remember what we said, when the going get tuff you have to ... "PUSHHHHH". Hehe...
I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you have an un-eventful trip this time (and the next). The closet looks great, although strangely I thought that Jacob would be banned from wearing anything with monkeys on it. Oh and Rich is my HERO!!!
Love you. Looking forward to meeting your child.
Jennifer
Life is good do not be nervous!
Joy
Hey Jo and Rich!! Prayers go with you on your journey. Jo, I was thinking the other day what MawMaw would say about little Jacob. It brought tears to my eyes. I miss her so. She would be so very excited for ya'll and she would say and I quote, "Ah, love your little family, you got a sweet little family. So precious." She would be so proud of him. God Bless, Cindy
Prayers are coming your way from the Overstreet family. We know how hard the wait is - no matter if it is one week or 6 months!
I'm so excited for you, guys!!!
You'll be just fine and everything will happen naturally!! Don't you love hand me downs?? I get them from my sister in law and it's wonderful!!!
Yeahhhh!!!! Praying for you guys! All will go well!
Post a Comment