Friday, June 5, 2009

Grammy to the rescue!


Wow, we needed to put on our bat signal in the clouds over the sky of Kaliningrad. It was shaped like my Mommy, Grammy. Yesterday just minutes after arriving back to the hotel from visiting the baby home the phone rang. It was our coordinator and she needed a document from the US. Yikes, I went into complete Kate Gosselin mode. I skyped Mom and said "I am in crisis over here, I need you." We called the agency and the folks who would need to prepare the paperwork. Mom dropped everything and our consultant at the agency helped with the verbiage. All day today all we could think about was did it get done? Well of course it got done. Mom spent hours making sure it was done! We Love You, Mom! Thank you so much.

Now on to a fun subject, "Little Bunny." Check out the hat he was wearing today. I so want to bring that outfit home with us. He has worn this a few times and it really makes his gorgeous blue eyes shine. We stopped on the way to the baby home to buy three packages of diapers. I wanted to give them to the director or assistant. Instead they walked me down to where they dress the little ones. This is the first time we have been anywhere in the baby home other than the playroom or director's office. It was so fantastic to see them at work. They have so much Love for all the little ones. You can tell they are getting the best care that can be provided. Jacob was handed to me and I kissed him on the check. What a visit. Playing for hours. We found out he is ticklish and he put his fingers in my mouth to do strawberries. That might sound yucky but it made us happy to think he may be growing some trust for us.


Hopefully, the hearing will be a positive experience. Rich has to do a lot of talking. We had a meeting with our coordinator today to go over what to expect. She said Rich has to answer questions from memory. No checking your notes. When she said that we thought she was joking. No you really, you have to do this from memory. So we have homework for our hearing. Not sure what will happen but we are hopeful. Lot's of Praying. Monday is the big day! We'll try to post when we can, internet is not 100% .

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

Can't wait to see his blue eyes!!!! Good luck and I'm looking forward to sharing in your journey some more!

Amy said...

So glad it worked out. Grammy's are GREAT!

Joy said...

Go Grammy!!! I think it was Stacy that suggested to me to buy a pair of shoes while I was in little banana's region. This way you will have something from there for him.
Sending up a prayer for you all.
Joy

Laura said...

Good luck at court! I'm surprised you can't bring notes in with you. With a translator interpreting everything you're saying, it gives you a moment just to glance down so you don't miss important points. It worked for us but hey...this is YOUR story and no one knows it better than you guys. You'll do GREAT!!!

Best wishes... and oh, cute hat!

~Laura

Clarese said...

That is great that your mom was able to help. I'm sure court will go great! Can't wait to hear about it!

Troy and Rachel said...

You all will do great in court!!! I am so glad your mom was able to help - whatever would we o without our moms - and just think you're little one will be saying that to you one day!!!

Rich and Jolynn said...

We so agree with you Laura.

Notes would be so helpful. Our coordinator said only bring your passport and picture album, yikes! We might try and bring in some notes but it was not an option given to us. Each region is so unique and different. Believe me we asked.

I am so glad you are home with your little angel, she is so cute!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Holding you all in my prayers! So glad that all has gone so well so far!

Kim said...

Yeah Grammy! Praying your court was successful!

Anonymous said...

omigosh, you are back in K'grad!
how wonderful!!
i can't wait til you have jacob home - good luck in court.
hugs, deb

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.