Friday, April 24, 2009

We have a court date!


It has taken me awhile to get back to normal - well my normal. I was so exhausted and a little worn out after our first trip. Some of the documents needed for court made me anxious this past week. Another set of fingerprints. Come on you have two sets already. The 3rd letter about the 1st letter to describe who the 2nd person is, notarized and apostiled. Why would you need that. I guess if I walk in their shoes for awhile I can see the logic??

Yesterday while I was watching a video Rich made for us of "J" Bunny for the fourth time. I got a call from the agency. We now have a confirmed court date for June! I was so relieved. And just 5 minutes ago some paperwork from the state was delivered via fed-ex. This package had me worried if it would get here in time and it did so quickly. So now I am checking into flights and fantasizing that we will get the ten days waived. This made Rich laugh and tell me "stop thinking about that, you are doing the 10 days." Sounds like jail-time to me. I still don't get why they do this, am I blocking the reasoning? Does anyone know why?


The Church pictured is in Gusev. It really shows a lot about this little village. The old cobblestone road and the cross at the top of the steeple are my favorite points. We hope to have all the finish documents in Russia by May 8th, 2009. If we miss the deadline we will not be able to go to the Star Trek movie opening night, hehe! I really wanna see this one, so I need to get the last two documents finished. We can do it!

25 comments:

kate said...

All court decisions in Russia (including but not limited to adoption) have a ten day appeal period. During that time, the decision may be appealed. I've never heard of a family losing their child on an appeal, so don't panic. It's really meant for YOU to be sure that the decision is right.

Or so I'm told by those in the know. ;>

Iraida and Valeria Sofia said...

Yiiipeeeeeee!!!! Gig Congrats to both of you.
Now the countdown begins...

Kellie said...

WOW WOW WOW!! Congrats on getting your court date! So excited for you guys. I also am hoping for the 10 days to be waived, but know that in my region, it is NEVER waived. Bummer.
Enjoy your weekend and Congrats again~
Kellie

Todd and Jana said...

Great news!! I hope your 10-day term goes by fast:)

Amy said...

Waaaahoooooo!!!!!

So happy for you guys! June in Russia will be beautiful!

Grammy said...

Well as they say the countdown has started. I know how much more you want to do before that time. Baby's room, registering the items you need and a shower. It is such an adventure and one you should enjoy inspit of all the worry and desire to rush the time. I have heard you say many times, "I want my baby home, He deserves to be home." That is so true and it will happen and yes you will probably have to endure the 10 day "right of resession". But that too will pass. I can hardly wait myself to be Grammy twice and to hold him and gradually let him get to know me and I him. So know I am in your corner all the way and send my support and love to you all, (all 3). Mom T and Grammy

Jeanette said...

Congratulations! Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly :)

chrissy said...

Congrats!!!

The Robins' Nest said...

Wow! Congratulations! So fast! It will be here before you know it.

Clarese said...

How exciting! June is just around the corner. I can't imagine how hard it will be to think about anything else between now and then!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Happy dancing here!
So glad to hear that you're going back so soon!
Good luck getting everything together!

The Landers 4 said...

Congratulatons on your court date. We are expecting to get a confirmaion on ours on Monday. We too were exhausted after our first trip. Two weeks later we are beginning to get back to normal. We been told that it is futile to even ask for a waiver of the 10 day waiting period. Are you going to make a third trip or stay the duration on your second. We have been advised to make a third trip.

Sarah said...

Congratulations.
The ten day wait really does drag. My advice to help time pass is plenty of DVDs, plenty of sleep and plenty of eating out!

Joy said...

Jolynn,
I have an Idea. What if you open up the monopoly set take out the "Get of the Jail Free card" have it notarized then apostilled and see if that works!

Just and idea!
Joy

Laura said...

Congrats, Jolynn and Rich --- wonderful news on the court date! As I read your blog, I'm sitting here in our Ekat apt. prepping for court on Wednesday.

I love Joy's idea -- I needed the laugh!

Believe me, in the long run, the next month will go fast so hang in there!!!

Blessings,
Laura :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear of your court date! Love the photo of the church... this is so exciting!! ~deb

Lori said...

Wow! I am so happy for you both. June will be a beautiful time to bring your little son home. I hope to meet him sometime. Congratulations!!! Lori

Kim said...

Yeah! Here's to June!

the6houks said...

Wahoo!!! That is so exciting. I bet you can hardly wait. We are out of our skin waiting for our court date so hopefully we will be right behind you! Yippee!! Hopefully it will be warmer there in June!! We will be praying for you!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Congratulations on your Court Date! Wow, that was pretty quick. . .in Russian Adoption time, that is!! The 10 day waiting period was one of those things we hated the idea of too. However, it turned out to be a great opportunity to take small steps getting to know our son and letting him get to know us. By the time we picked him up for good, he was used to us and was happy to go with us. He only cried for about a minute when we went outside and then he was excited about the car/hotel/new clothes/a real bath/ and non-institutional food! We took the free time getting to know Krasnoyarsk, his home town. We're now glad for the time although I will also admit we were totally ready to come home at the end!!! Good luck on your planning!

Scott said...

Great news! Things seem to be moving right along for you guys.

Troy and Rachel said...

Congrats on your court date! I'm glad your turn around is fairly quick and now you have a little extra time to prepare!! It will fly don't worry!!

Mary and Michael said...

Congratulations on your court date. That is very exciting news! June is not too far away and you will have a little extra time to plan so hopefully you can find better deals on flights, etc.

Kim said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I was going to respond to the email but you know blogger, it didn't come through as your email. :)

Celia said...

Congrats, Jolynn & Rich! Your court date will be here before you know it. We loved our time in K'grad and are re-living it via your trips!