As you can guess by the title, today was a big day. First we went to the hospital where bunny was born and met the medical director. Then we signed the preliminary papers to start the legal process of adoption here in Russia. We also choose a name for him. Then it was back on the road to the babyhouse one last time. While we were there one of the social workers for the Kgrad region came in to say hello and ask us a few questions. Then it was time to say goodbye to the little guy. That was very hard and the next few weeks will take forever. And now I'm going to use a phrase that I can't stand: At the end of the day - it was a great day. Right now Jolynn and I are both physically and emotionally drained. We're going to head down to the pizza place for more pizza and Lithuanian beer.
11 comments:
The day we left Colby in Russia to come home was awful. It felt like part of my heart was left behind there while I had to come home. I only hope your wait between trips will be much shorter than ours. I hope you took lots of photos too. I can't wait to see them.
Melissa
Leaving is so hard! Safe travels home. We will pray the the wait for your return trip is a short one.
Here's to quick second trip dates!!! Can't wait to see pics of Bunny! Wishing you a safe trip home.
Safe travels home and praying for your quick return!
This is great news. I am so happy for you guys.
Joy
Congratulations and have a safe trip home.
Leaving is definitely the hardest part of the journey. Worse than the wait BUT you know you will return and be reunited forever! Safe travels home.
WOW!!!!!! Congratulations, I'm so excited for you both!! Its sooo wonderful to hear bunny will soon be your son, just what I needed to warm my burnt out heart!
hugs,
deb
Hoping for a safe travel home and a quick come back.
Be safe getting home and see you guys soon! Jay
Oh, saying good bye was so hard! Wasn't kind of magical to "officially" write his name? Hopefully your courtdate will be quick. Keeping you guys in our prayers.
Thank you guys for your prayers for us. It means so much to us knowing we have others going through the same thing as us.
~Kellie
Post a Comment