Friday, April 10, 2009

Back in St. Pete and more sight-seeing

We have been to the country-side of St. Petersburg to the Palace of Catherine the Great. It was in a charming small town called Pushkin. My back was hurting some today from flights, sleeping on unusual beds and bumpy roads (could also be stress) but we went anyway. Not sure we will be here again with the opportunity to be tourists and I knew we would enjoy it. We walked a little on the grounds and got some fresh air. "A" our guide is an encyclopedia of all things Russian especially this area. The Palace was beautiful, colorful and filled with school children on field trips.

I kept looking and smiling at the kids thinking Bunny may look similar to that one when he becomes their age. We are talking about him a lot. And we have not stopped thinking about him. His first name we picked for him starts with a "J." I keep looking at his pictures asking what do your think "J" is doing right now? I just took a nap and dreamed about him. This wait is going to be very hard and I have asked Rich to keep me from torture e-mailing the agency with questions.

Last night we stopped at two McDonald's for a late snack. Both where just closing as we arrived one had a walk-up window with a line of half a dozen folks. We tried to wait but got too cold. We did get our McKie D fix for our lunch. It was pretty good and interesting how crowded it was in there. We'll p0st more later with pictures the internet is slow.

1 comment:

Carolynn and Steve said...

So glad to hear that things are going well, and that you're getting to enjoy St. Petersburg. Hope that you have a great time there. Godspeed in your travel home!