Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 2 at the babyhouse **audio**

We had another day at the babyhouse today. We didn't have to meet our driver until 1pm so we took the opportunity to try and get some sleep. Didn't work - for me anyway. After a healthy plate of french fries for breakfast we got on the road. Just like yesterday, we stopped for gas (the trip uses a tank of gas round trip) and I added a bag of M&M's to the breakfast menu. The famous John Belushi skit came to mind. You know the one - he's an Olympic track athlete then it shows him smoking and eating a little bowl of chocolate donuts. "Little chocolate donuts are on my training table." Today my breakfast of champions was fries and M&M's. I have to do something about that. And by the way, why do M&M's taste different over here??

So once again we drove through the Russian countryside. It reminds of the album cover from Led Zepplin IV. There's many old villagers out walking and doing their thing. Kind of like the guy on the album cover. Leaving Kaliningrad the road is like any other highway in the U.S. But as you travel further away from the city you see more barns and livestock and people like the Zepplin guy. Sometimes the road turns into a narrow cobblestone road which makes for a bumpy ride. I really wonder what this land was like when the Germans and Russians fought here during the war. This country has an incredibly rich history and its really cool to be here learning some of it.

So we made it to the babyhouse and we were told to wait in the playroom. When they brought in Bunny, he looked a little sleepy. At first I just held him for a few minutes. Once he was more aware of what's going on, we brought the toys out. We had the same ones from yesterday: the butterfly that lights up, his stacking cups and a new one - the beach ball!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, he dug the Beach ball. Most of the remaining time we had with him was playing beach ball. I can't post pictures or video yet but I can post an audio clip. This is me and Jolynn playing beach ball with the baby. I can't wait to have guys see the real one.



Tomorrow we have another big day. We're meeting the Doctor that examines the baby's. And then we're going to speak to another social worker. Should be fun.

Peace Everyone!
Rich

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rich, that is TOOOOO sweet!!

I love hearing you guys laugh with him...

Love,
Button

Melissa said...

What a wonderful sound. Baby giggles always make me smile. Can't wait to see the video that goes with that cute sound.
Melissa

Kellie said...

OMG...how cute!!! He sounds simply perfect! I can't wait to see pictures.

Try to get some rest.

~~Kellie

Laura said...

Wow --- how sweet! He sounds so happy ~ must warm your heart 'cuz it warms mine.

Enjoy your time!

~Laura

Heather said...

That giggle is tooo cute! It will be great seeing his little face also.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to make him giggle like that! Unclejj :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so exciting! I went to a different baby home, how interesting to hear such a different experience. I love the Zepplin imagery! He sounds adorable...
hugs, deb

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Watch out for the purple skittles! They're plum flavored. Yech!! : ) Sounds like all is going really great!

Jeanette said...

THE BEST GIGGLE EVER!!!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby!

Joy said...

Okay, I LOVE the giggle!!!
Joy

kate said...

What a beautiful sound!

(Just found your blog!)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful baby. You have been blessed! Joy joy joy and have a happy easter too!

kimmy said...

Hearing all of you together brought tears to my eyes!