This awesome lady whose name starts with an "A" picked us up at the airport yesterday (or day before yesterday, time confusion) and dropped us off at the hotel. We where really tried. We took a shower then went to the Lobby bar, ordered a hamburger, fries and water to split. It does not taste like home. There is a lot more spices in the meats. After that we watched some TV then went to bed. I have to confess the Ambien I brought worked like a charm for me. Rich claims I snored but I would never snore in Russia. I don't want to jinx myself but I am feeling OK and not too tried. Breakfast was included in our stay and was really good.
Today "A" took us for a driving tour of St. Petersburg which we both really enjoyed. We stopped at the St. Nicholas Cathedral, it was beautiful. At the cathedral I said a Prayer for our meeting with Bunny. Two Russian people came up to us and told us to take our hands out of our pockets. Uhm, it was sort of an "or else" kind of thing. Also no talking where they normally say their Prayers. "Cool, no problem" not sure how that translated? Very beautiful Cathedral, we thanked "A" for taken us there. Such a Great City so filled with history and romanticism. Dad, we took a picture of the home/palace where Rasputin was killed just for you. I think we drove around three Islands and marveled at the architecture. So many people out for a Sunday, lot's of people watching. We took video and pictures that we'll have to share later. "A" took us to a souvenir shop and of course I found things to buy. The beautiful Mastryoska dolls!
It's evening as I write. We are here in K-grad and the flight was not too bad. I was a little worried. The security ladies had sort of a fit with me. I forgot I had pop and water in my over-sized purse. They wanted me to check it. With a little broken English and a pat down we figured out what needed to be removed, discarded and went on our way. My heart was racing! We then took a bus to the plane. Very crowded. The seats in economy where soooo much bigger than what we have for our domestic flights. Another "A" picked us up, took us to our hotel and told us we will be at MOE tomorrow and then Baby house. My stomach is doing half flips. To see him, Wow! Yeah! Please, say a Prayer for us all tomorrow.
Something funny: We had to put our hotel key card in a slot outside of the bathroom in our hotel room. This made the lights go on in the majority of the room and bath. Rooms are newly renovated and very nice. I was very confused by this and asked Rich to go the front desk with some questions. One was what does it cost for the lights? Wow, did they crack up! They thought that was quite the funny. So did "A", it may be a green thing so you don't waste energy not sure. There was no charge.
JUal Beras
10 years ago
15 comments:
Hope you are both sleeping well tonight and dreaming happy dreams of meeting Bunny tomorrow!!
Sending you many good thoughts and my prayers...
Love,
B
We are so excited for you to meet Bunny tomorrow. I hope you are resting well. It is a whirlwind trip, but soak in every minute of it!
Lots of prayers coming your way!
Kellie
So glad to hear that you're safely there and have had some great adventures already. Keeping you guys in my prayers and heart for tomorrow.
BIG HUGS!
Jo, you are so funny... the Ambien was a great idea, wish I had thought of that! Its great to hear you are there, how cool that you got to go to St pete's! So i'm holding my breath for tomorrow, hoping for the best, this is exciting!!!!
hugs, deb
It sounds like a good start to a hectic journey. Make sure to take lots of photos and even video of your first meeting. They were so helpful to us during our wait inbetween trips. Also, Colby seems to like watching the video now.
Melissa
How exciting that you get to meet your little one tomorrow! I remember the excitement and how fast it happened. We barely had time to get the camera out and they were bringing her in.
Soak it all in and enjoy every moment. Take lots of pics...including those that can give others "sneak peaks" without giving away the child's identity. I've always treasured those pics.
Will continue to check in!
~Laura
Sounds like you are enjoying Russia. Best of luck tomorrow, I am sure it as a day you will never forget.
It sounds like you are having a great experience. Gerard keeps asking how you guys are doing. I bet by the time I am writing this you have already held your little bunny.
Joy
I'm praying for that you have a peaceful trip. I love you guys and Bunny too! :-) Jay
Hi Babies!! We are SO praying for you guys!! It's good to know that all is well. How funny about the electricity - lol! Kiss that baby for us and hold him tight with all the hugs possible from his new grandma and grandpa. Hey, hope you remember to copy your "baby blogs" in Russian to show to the agency and orphanage. WE LOVE YOU ALL - SO MUCH! Dad and Linny
I remember the seats on the domestic flight well! Tiny! Glad you are safe in Kalingrad and can't wait to hear more.
Reading your trip through St. Pete reminds me of our trip with AAI to adopt our son 2 years ago at this same time. We too met A and had the tour, including the souvenir shop where we bought much too much!!
I'll be thinking of you and hoping all goes well with your first visit with your Little Bunny.
Chris
Thanks for sharing your visit with us. Sounds exciting! I must admit, I would be confused by the key card outside the bathroom as well! Can't wait to hear how your visit with Bunny goes!
Rich and Jo,
So happy to hear you finally got to meet your Bunny. We have been saying prayers for all of you. See you soon
Love
Bren Jimmy Michael Andre and Momoe
I don't know you but I am so very happy for you! I am asking Heavenly Father to bless you with everything you need!
Post a Comment