The fed ex man delivered the visas yesterday. Yippee! They transpose the month and day in European style. So May 4th, 2009 is 04/05/09. Everyone probably already knows this, I did too but completely forgot. So when I checked the visas I thought the dates where wrong. Usually I would have been able to figure this out on my own but my mind is so preoccupied. I had to make calls, duh! Oh and the e-mails. Then I got worried about a "what if" scenario and had to run it by the agency, NERVES. More questions and phone calls today. I feel for our Consultant at the agency who is new to Russian adoption. Just about a month ago she took over our file. She has helped many other PAP's through their journeys to other Countries. Rich said it best yesterday when he said "You are so past the canned answers" and "Settle down a bit." Too funny!!!! She is handling my calls and questions quite well. I like her and hope I am not making her too crazy.
So I have been doing laundry, baking Easter cookies and tidying up the house. Started packing as a practice because I am such an over-packer. Have made copies of the important documents. Lot's of notes of what we will need to do. Research TSA and airline rules. I think we are close to being ready to go.
Here is a question for you families that are home now. How many of you actually used the copy of the dossier while in Russia on trip #1. Why do I have this feeling that I am going to be lugging this around and will never look at it once.
JUal Beras
10 years ago
8 comments:
You sound just like me! I am a nut when I am worried. I just spend Monday obsessing about a stroller!
We did not use our copy of our dossier at all. It was extra weight, and not needed. We saw our original at the department of children where we officially recieved our referral. It was neat to see all of my hard work on the social workers desk...all translated.
Safe travels, and be very careful packing. They have strict weight limits. I can't wait to hear all about it!!
Mike and I didn't bring a copy of our dossier with us on the first trip. No one even asked for it. I thought if we ever needed it then it would be on our court date trip, so we brought it on our final trip but didn't need it then either. Just extra weight. They have all the paperwork already so I wouldn't worry about it.
Melissa
I took a copy of my dossier because my agency advised me to, but didn't use it. I think is a waste of paper because knowing how strict they are with these documents, I wonder IF they would ever accept a copy of a missing original.
We didn't need it on Trip 1 but did on Trip 2! We weren't told to bring it, but we did anyway. . .
I'm so excited for you guys! What a trip you are about to have, full of emotion, excitement, love and thrills. I love you guys, take lots of pictures and have a great adventure!
Hi,
We didnt take it on Trip 1, no one even told us to... We did take, and use, it on Trip 2 (and by then it was much much larger) but your agency people should have everything you need there for trip 1. It is just really the intent to adopt etc that you sign that they write in Russian while you are there....
I don't remember how much we used the dossier copy on Trip 1, but I do remember needing to refer to it several times while we were there, so I was glad to have it. We adopted our son from the Sovetsk orphanage in December 2006.
Not only did we not use the dossier in either adoptions BUT we never had to show any of the gazillion pieces of paper the agency asked us to bring to the Embassy appointment! :)
Funny story about the dates!
Post a Comment