Friday, July 31, 2009

Sleep, I remember you?

Can you believe it has been over a month since we picked up Jacob from the baby home. The time is going by so fast. The picture of him falling asleep was so unplanned he was playing, jumping and humming one minute and then quietly sleeping the next. He likes this toy it lights up and plays music that he sort of dances to, super cute.

It does feel like Jacob is the only one catching any ZZZ's in the house. I have to check on him and I swear he can hear my creaking bones or smell me, something. As soon as I peek over the crib rail he starts to fidget. If he wakes up and needs a bottle or diaper change and I am not moving fast enough. He'll start to cry and then Rich will sometimes check to see if everything is OK. This is happening once or twice a night. Not sure if he will sleep through the night or not. We will have to wait and see. Of course he is adjusting to so many new things and changes. It does seem like the last week he is getting caught up with some mobility. Standing, walking while holding on to furniture, feeding himself finger food, saying Dada, tons of baby talk and trying to go everywhere. I turned my head for a second and he was half way up to the landing on our stairs, WOW! Need more gates! He did gain about 11 ounces and he is eating well. A whole bunch of smiles!

Good news he is not allergic to Molly (dog) or Tutty (cat)! They did get a little worried because they have figured out the pecking order around here. Should know what this rash is soon. It did go away the first week so a lot has been ruled out. I hate thinking he might be uncomfortable.

Hope everyone is doing well. Does anyone know how to incorporate the blog into facebook? I am still learning how to use it but it does seem like a fun site.

9 comments:

Nicole Brueck said...

Ryan is still getting up once a night sometimes. Depends on the kid I think. He also had a rash on his face when we got home. We used Vanicream on it religiously and it went away after 4-5 weeks. I think it was a reaction to all the new food he was eating.
Sleep will come. I do feel for you. After the first month I would cry at night WITH him!!

the6houks said...

I'm not getting any sleep either!! I sense a common theme here!! Charlie had a rash as well and we used Eucerin every day all over his body and the rash went away as well as the alligator skin. I will say, tho, Charlie has NEVER fallen asleep mid play---lucky you!!

Roger and Joanne said...

Wow! we all have the same issues. Rash on face/body, no sleep for the parents...

That picture is hysterical! How do they fall asleep in a toy while playing??? LOL!

Laura said...

Sleep? What's that? I'm not getting much as I can't seem to get anything done during the day so I try to do most of everything after she falls asleep at night. Just not enough hours in the day.

Time goes quickly...enjoy every single sleepless moment!

Troy and Rachel said...

Too cute! And remember - sleep when he sleeps!! Also a little noise maker in his room (white noise) might be helpful until he gets used to the sounds. We did that with Daniel because he would wake up at the slightest sound. We used it on high, then low, then took it out completely. He sleeps through anything now!

Amy said...

I think with facebook you can link a website - and then put in your blog address. Alspo - someone mentioned you can add a link with a post. (near the bottom of where you post)

T is a super light sleeper too. We are the kings of white noise in the house now. It's August and the humidifier hasn't stopped being used as it's the best white noise!!

Lavonne said...

you can also type in your blog address in your FB status and you can select to publish.

I'm on FB....look me up if you like. Lavonne Bruckner

Are you having a ball?

Kim said...

An entire month - wow! It is amazing how time flies and how fast our babies catch up! Very cute photo.

Yes, I know how to do the facebook blog thing. Friend me through my email addres - kimmertek@aol.com.

Joy said...

The picture of him is priceless! I did not know that you could incorporate a blog into Facebook.
Joy