Thursday, July 23, 2009

Showered with support!

We are so thankful! On Sunday Jessica, Mom - Jessie, Brenda and Ila - Mom gave us a Baby Shower. It was so much fun and we Loved seeing everyone. Jacob came with Rich for awhile and everyone got a chance to see him in real life. It is not often you see the baby the shower is for. It was the first time we had taken him anywhere other than the Doctor or a quick trip to the grocery store. I know there are pictures of the actual shower but I still have to work on getting them on my lap-top. The dining room and den are filled with boxes and gifts. I hope to have thank you cards and some organization completed this weekend. Rich also had a shower at work for baby Jacob. He was so surprised, hehe. We are so appreciative of all the well wishes and support. Thank you all so much!

Last post we asked about medical records, thank you for sharing. We do not have anything for Jacob. I am assuming something was given to me in the region that needed to be part of the paperwork for the Embassy. No one told me to copy the paperwork. In fact they asked it to remain "as is" to be given to the Moscow representative. We have been calling and e-mailing the agency for more than two weeks. After not hearing back from them I decided to stop by yesterday after a Dr. appt. Jacob was with me and he was so patient during his nap time. Of course I really did not want to drag him around anymore but we feel it is important to have some medical information. At least the vaccination history. Hopefully they will get back to us?
.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I learned after adopting my son and trying to get my hands on different things from the agency was to be persistence and it will pay off. We were promised something from the orphanage that we did not get. We kept on our agency and finally got what we needed. It wasn't that they didn't want to help. I think they were just busy and it takes time to get things that are still in Russia that need translating.

Your boy is a doll.

The Robins' Nest said...

Jolynn,
When we adopted our son in 2007 we were given a sheet with our son's immunization records. It was in Russian but Alex, the AAI rep in Moscow translated it so we at least knew what he was immunized for. But, I wanted to add that we went to Texas Children's Hospital's retrovirology adoption clinic when we got back with our son and they took blood samples and ran tests to determine if the records were accurate. With the blood they were actually able to determine that although the records showed he was not immunized for chicken pox he had an immunity to it which meant he had either been immunized but it wasn't recorded or he had been exposed to chicken pox. Check with your pediatrician to see where you can get that type of blood work done in your area if AAI isn't able to obtain the recrods for you.

Clarese said...

Hi Jolynn! I cannot believe I missed all of these wonderful pictures of your amazing son! He is absolutely gorgeous!!

I'm glad you asked this question - Chris' response is really useful!

Joy said...

Oh I am so sad that I could not make your shower. I wish I lived closer. He is too cute for words.
Joy

Trisha, Duane, and Family said...

Hi...He is such a cutie-pie!!! I know you are really enjoying him and will love dressing him in his new goodies;-). BTW...send me a note and I will invite you to our private adoption blog (Over The Rainbow)for our new daughter from Russia. abcdevctr@yahoo.com Many lessings...Trish

Troy and Rachel said...

So nice that you had such a wonderful shower. I remember the embassy paperwork - we weren't allowed to open it anyhow. Just keep on your agency for something. Hopefully they will come through.

Natalie said...

Jacob is such a cutie!!! BTW, e-mail me alexjerr@yahoo.com, and I'll add you to my blog guest list.

Kim said...

Awww how sweet! I love showers and will have to postpone ours with the court trip coming up. I love new baby things! Off to read the last post to see if I can add my two cents on the medicals. :)

Roger and Joanne said...

We've only gotten vaccination records. Hmmm...I wonder where the rest of it could be.

Thanks for the comment on our blog. Reese's rash is getting better with the cream they prescribed. But, she also has asthma and allergy testing on Wednesday.

Hope your little one gets better. It's hard to see that they are uncomfortable.

He is so cute!