Monday, December 29, 2008

2008 is almost over!

Yeah! I think like many other people, Jolynn and I are glad to see 2008 go and are looking forward to 2009. We haven't posted in awhile because there hasn't been too much news to post.

However, we did get a very cryptic letter from our agency over the weekend. The adoption process is pretty much like a roller coaster ride. And at times it can be one of those old wooden roller coasters that gives you a rough ride. I'm trying to be positive about things coming up in '09 but I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about what was said in the letter. The letter reflected the same negative outlook on the economy that we see every night in the news. Every industry, including the adoption industry is affected by the slow economy. Which translates into slower processing which means longer wait times etc. I don't want to go into too many details at this point because we do have a meeting in a couple of weeks. And I don't want to speculate on things only to say that I'm hoping that this meeting will be a "state of the agency" type of meeting and nothing more.

So for now, I'm going to stay positive and wish everyone a Happy New Year!

No comments: