Today Jacob has been home for three months. I have read on many blogs how the author feels like their new child has been home with them forever and always. We completely feel that way too. It is as if he has always been here with Rich and I. I will tell you about one thing I am working on. When he is breaking in teeth/teething he bites me. It can hurt too. He has not bitten Rich and I told him how lucky he was. Lil guy is strong. I have been reading about this and it is normal. At first I was concerned that it might have something to do with attachment and bonding. Now I am trying to teach him not to bite. Also working on not reacting too much. Some of my facial expressions make him laugh. He is in pain though, poor guy. A couple of our friends told us to get "Hylands Teething Tablets" and they seem to help. He is working on his 7th and 8th. Not sure how it will feel when the big molars start to come in. Tonight I am going to try the washcloth in the freezer, my cousin liked this remedy for her two cuties.
Regarding sleep, he is doing so good. A few blogger friends suggested "white noise" and that was a great idea. He still has the music to listen to. Plus we have a humidifier that Grammy gave him for his room. That humming sound does help a lot! I hope everyone is doing well!! :)
1 comment:
Oh he is the cutest, love his big blue eyes! For biting, I always just reacted normally - as you would stubbing your toe or undergoing any kind of pain - a loud "ouch!" from me did the trick to stop biting... and family members who purposely did not react to my kid kept getting bitten! (I'm interested in hearing about the value of not reacting because its the opposite of what I did...) Jacob is a love!
hugs, deb
Post a Comment