Sunday, November 1, 2009

Walking a Little and Halloween

Almost there, just a few more weeks and I think Jacob will be taking off. He is an expert at walking on his knees and speed crawling. This past week he has walked four or more steps. Only if Rich and I (or one of his Grammys), face each other, with our hands out to catch him. The stairs are no challenge for our little guy. He goes up quickly but takes his time navigating his descent. Eating well and starting to say more words. When his Daddy is mowing the yard he goes to the window where the noise is the loudest, sometimes the door-wall and yells for him "Dah". Dah Dah Dah!!! I have stopped laughing at this because it is time to teach him the inside voice :)

Halloween was fun this year. For the first time in years I felt like participating, it helps to have a baby around. I am always on a diet so I buy candy we do not like. Not the easiest thing to do. One little boy came to the door and said "Yuck". I guess he did not like the Darts and Glow in the Dark Gummies we passed out. That made me LOL. He had on a super cute costume though. Jacob was a lion. He went to a party at Rich's work and stole the show. On Halloween night he only went to six houses, it was so cold and windy. After arriving home he had to be at the front door to check out all the kids stopping by. Of course I had to hold him. Once I had given out the candy he was shutting the door saying bye bye. I can hardly wait to see what he will be next year!

We are so excited about Thanksgiving! All my siblings, their partners and some family friends will be here. Mom is helping me cook. Gonna be Great!

1 comment:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I just jumped over to your blog from Joy's blog and wanted to say that Jacob is just the cutest little guy! It was fun catching up (I've been really slacking with my blog time) and I am sooo glad you posted the full video to go with those sweet giggles. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

Kim