Today was a good day. We received Jacob's Birth Certificates from the State of Michigan. The process started about three weeks ago when I applied at the county to have a Probate Judge approve the application that was then sent to the State. The total cost was approximately $210.00 and we did ask for two official copies. Now I will be able to apply for his US passport and SS#. Let me say how very impressed I was with the staff at the County office. So kind and explained everything politely. The State of MI has been wonderful too except for some confusion back in May re: the State police clearances. Not that either of us had a record, just not sure they would get the paperwork done it time.
I have not posted about too much because I was just not feeling well. Nothing has effected Jacob he has been pretty fantastic. (Later I will share his whole rash scenario with you) You see I was so run down when I came home in early July. Kidney stones (yes plural) a double ear infection with popped ear drum and respiratory infection. Plus the emotional ups and downs of that court trip were not easy. Just in the last two weeks I started to feel better. The reason I write about this is because a lot of the families I am following are getting referrals and travel dates. It is so fantastic too! So excited for everyone!!! Here is some advise, take care of yourself. Hopefully, your placement agency won't be like ours and make everything much more difficult for you. Even with that taken into consideration I wish I had slept more, drank more water and exercised more frequently. So for me go get a massage, oh I wish I had done that before trip three, hehe.
What am I saying you folks all have it so together! Congratulations and Enjoy your lil one!
5 comments:
I didn't feel well for about thee months after we came home last year. I think it was finally letting everything go that I had been holding up inside and being so stressed while in Russia--for a month! I agree with you that folks going over should take care of themselves--take vitamins, eat right and get loooottttsss of rest. You'll need it all!
I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. I know exactly what you mean though! Not only was I exhausted physically and emotionally when I came back my second trip to Russia, but I also got Hepatitis A in Novokuznesk, so I spent my first 2 months after coming back from Russia at the hospital on the IV and bedridden at home.
I'm so sorry that you've been sick, so glad that you are feeling better, and so thankful that you are sharing pictures of your beautiful son with us :)
Glad you are feeling better. Congrats on 2 months as a family too!
Oh that is a beautiful picture of him.
Joy
Post a Comment