n hour. On bad days it can be over 2 hours. So thank God for the ipod and satellite radio. Today, I listened to Queen. They are and always have been one of my favorites. Then I realized that I've been listening to Queen since I was about 7 years old. I can remember when one of my sisters bought "A Night at the Opera" and my other sister bought "A Day at the Races" on vinyl.I can also remember listening to classical music with my dad. Tchaikovsky's
1812 Overture and just about anything from Beethoven were some of my favorites. This might explain why I like The Trans-Siberian Orchestra so much. They're the only ones who have figured out a cool way to combine hard rock and classical music. Kind of like a musical Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.So now that Jacob is home we've been playing Beethoven at night while he
sleeps. All 9 symphony's on a loop. It's almost poetic when I go in his room to check on him and the ipod is playing Beethoven's 9th or 7th symphony. Will music mean as much to Jacob as does to me? I don't know. But I hope so. I hope one day in the future when Jacob is an adult and he's listening to his holographic virtual music device thingy that he'll have some sort of memory of his first days with us.But for now he seems content with the 3 Stooges song that plays on his jumpy toy.

Wow, just wait until he's old enough to watch the Stooges. Awesome!
4 comments:
I still have both of albums. LOL
I think that love for music starts early. I bet it helps him to sleep too.
Joy
Ohhhhh! Satellite radio is my favorite. Thank you, Dadddy (Rich) for giving me this gift. Jacob said the Disney channel was a lil lame :)
Thanks man, now I have the Three Stooges tune running through my head. Somehow....it seems so right for the soundtrack of my work!
Post a Comment