Friday, August 21, 2009

The Beach and Socks for Babies.

A day at the beach. It had to be nearly 90 degrees. Jacob loved the water and playing in it. He also liked watching the other children splashing, swimming and playing in the sand. I just know we will be going to the lake a lot. I sure would like to have a picnic this fall at a lighthouse and its beach, no swimming just gorgeous views. Michigan has such beautiful beaches.

He is doing really well. I have noticed he is all boy getting to and in everything. I was vacuuming yesterday and he followed me around, touching the machine. It was as if he was analyzing the equipment and how it is used. Fearless in a way not afraid of too much. Rich tells me he will be skiing and playing Hockey soon, what! Maybe in a few years, hehe.

When we first met Jacob I noticed his feet were cold on one of the visits. So I shared this with my Mom and Sister who also hosted the baby shower for us. They had a "Sock Drive" at the baby shower so we would be able to take socks for the little ones. On the third trip Jennifer and I delivered 70 pairs of socks in various styles, colors and sizes. This was before our baby shower and they came from family and friends sending us gifts who could not make the shower (70 pairs, wow). Once home and at the shower we received another 80 pair of socks plus 10 pairs of tights. Now I am not sure how to get them to K-grad. I am hoping one of the families that will be traveling soon would be able to take them. We have $2,200.00 rubles to give the family to hopefully cover the cost to deliver them to their baby's home. What do you think? Can anyone help?

5 comments:

The Robins' Nest said...

Glad to hear Jacob is making such great progress. He is a cutie. What a great idea to have people bring donations for the baby home to the baby shower! You could try sending a package. I have sent a couple of packages to Russia. It really wasn't that expensive either.

Anonymous said...

Your son, cat and dog are adorable!

Keith and Jennifer said...

If we get the test results we need back, we would be more than willing to take your socks!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Great photos - looks like he loves the water - these littleones are a bunch of fish, I think! I love the idea of you all taking socks and hopefully someone can take the remaining pairs.

Roger and Joanne said...

Such a thoughtful idea to get those socks to the orphanage. Unfortunately, I'm Russia'd out for awhile.... ;-)