I found a store that sells the mini blankets with the plush toy in the middle. One of our adoption books talks about keeping this type of toy near you when you sleep. You then give it to Bunny with hopes it has your scent on it. The suggestion was to buy two or three of the same toy. On our first trip give one to Bunny. Then have another one (in case the first stays at the orphanage) for your second trip and a spare at home. This may help the little one have a connection to something familiar amongst all the changes they will be going through. Plus it can help with attaching to us too. Tuttibubba was helping me display the toys. They are blue like her eyes.
I have some fears but I am hopeful. How did all you BTDT folks do this? The feeling of all the unknowns becoming bad news, Ugh. Well I guess that is why it is such a Leap of Faith. Thank you for all your Prayers.
It is so ironic that we are going to go meet our Bunny at Easter!
8 comments:
It is a very nerve-wracking time but you just have to remember that everything happens for a reason. Take a lot of deep breaths and try to enjoy the moments. Journal everything. Take as many pictures as you can. Remember to sit and pray. God knows who your child is, he will be there with you.
Soon you will be on the way to meet your little guy and it will be so awesome!!! I am so glad that the docs gave you good news, that is always reassuring. Sending good thoughts and prayers for safe travels.
There is probably nothing anyone can say that will make the nerves any better. Just know that when you meet Bunny you will know what is best for your family. Enjoy this time. You will remember it forever.
Some think mothers have all the wisdome and knowledge and lots of answers to los of questions. I don't. I do know you should do as some are suggesting you do. Keep a journal, take lots of pictures, follow your hearts, say your prayers and trust in God. Lean on each other and trust that all will come out well and be as it should be. Enjoy this time too, and I agree you will never forget it. Love, Mom T
Pack light. I completely overpacked the first trip. You can seriously wear the same clothes again...nobody cares. Also, I wore short sleeves b/c they keep is so hot indoors. I never wore any of my sweaters...even in January. Pack snacks cause the food is not the best, but St Pete might be different. I did the whole sleeping with the binkie thing....and Sophie had no interest in it. She liked toys that made noise and had buttons to push. Take food for the baby (like Cheerios), but ask before you give him any. It helps if he is fussy or afraid of you. They will come to you if you have food.
Let me know if you have any questions. I just returned, so things are fresh on my mind and maybe haven't changed much since I was there.
Congrats. I know you are so excited.
We met our little man on Thanksgiving and then went back for Easter. . .I think it makes it even more special when it involves holidays! Take empty disposable cameras to leave with the Care takers to take pictures for you in between visits. Those are pictures of how he lives day to day before you that you won't see on your visits! And if your journal, that is good,too.
Before you know it you will be in Russia. Wow!
Shelly and I wish you the best of luck and we look forward to reading more of your adventures in your blog.
Make two photo albums and leave one with him. Lexi's caregivers showed her the album everyday and it is still one of her favorite books. I bought identical blankets and our whole family slept with the one we left for her on trip one. We didn't get it back, but I had the back-up with me just in case on trip 2. Later, when I developed the photos from the disposable camera we left, there was a one of Lexi in her crib -- with a totally different blanket. Oh well, I hope another little orphan got to enjoy that super soft pink blanket. Despite that she didn't get the one we left, the back-up blanket became her favorite lovey. Now I wish I had bought three. :0)
Post a Comment