Tuesday, March 17, 2009

OMG! We got a referral!

Oh my goodness! We got a referral for a beautiful little boy. He is so cute.

I have to tell you what I was doing when I got the call. Jay Leno is coming to the Palace of Auburn Hills (where the Pistons play) to do a free comedy show. The show is called "Economic Stimulus Plan" and the parking, pop and some snacks are free. He is known for doing a show for no cost in communities that have had economic hardship. I went down early to get four tickets. The line of folks wrapped all the way around the arena. Just everyday people looking for work and happy to be treated to a free show. Strangers just talking away about life in the Motor City, the adoption was the last thing on my mind. Then I get the call. I was so shocked. I called Rich he was surprised. He starts checking the e-mail multiple times for more details. We get our e-mail. He looks great and I start doing the happy dance. Everyone around was like OK- strange lady! I just said "I got the best news ever!"

He seems to be small but I think many of the children who spend some time in an institutional setting are. In one of the pictures he is in a walker that has the "Hamtaro" character on it. That is why I have a picture of Hamtaro and we can not show his baby picture just yet. We hope to hear back from the Dr. who is reviewing some medical information tomorrow. Keep us in your thoughts we hope this little guy is ours forever.

18 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! I am soooo happy for you!! That is excellent news. I am smiling ear to ear for you!
I can't wait to hear more.
What a blessing. Toast with a glass of wine tonight and *try* to get some sleep. :)
~~Kellie

Kim said...

Oh my goodness!! What fantastic news!

(BTW - Noah was very very small when we met him, he is fine now) :)

Congratulations!

Iraida and Valeria Sofia said...

Yippppppeeeeee!!!!!!! Big congratulations. I hope you hear good news from the IA Dr. tomorrow. Will keep you in my prayers.

Todd and Jana said...

YEAH!!!!! Great news:)

Grammy said...

My heart lost a few beats when you told me of the referral and gave a little discription of him. You and Rich do richly deserve to be parents and I know you will be great ones. I can hardly wait to be Grammy a second time. My thought, prayers and deepest best wishes as well. Love to you both. Mom (Grammy T)

Hanson Family said...

Awesome!Awesome!Awesome! I'm sooooo happy for you & Rich! Congratulations! There have been so many people here praying for you guys and it will continue. Love you bunches and bunches! <3 Mandy

Joy said...

Hold on now because from this point out it will be a wild ride.

I am just loving the thought of you traveling so soon. Many, many hugs your way!!
Joy

Amy said...

Woooo hooooo!! I almost missed this post! So glad to hear you got wonderful news! Yea! Can't wait to hear more...

Nicole Brueck said...

Just when you can't wait anymore, BAM - there it is!! Wonderful wonderful news, I am so happy for you!

Rob,Dawn,Catherine and Iain and Maura said...

We are so excited for you. What wonderful news!!!. Just remember to breathe. Can't wait to see your little guy. Congratulations, Dawn

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Fantastic news!!! Congratulations.

Natalie said...

Awesome news!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Nancy said...

Congratulations!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I bet your mind and heart are racing a million miles per minute. Keep us posted on the details :o)

Laura said...

Hi there! Just popping in to say "Congrats" on your referral.

Your excitement brings back many great memories...staring at the picture -- constantly, reading through the medical info over and over, and just feeling in our heart "she is ours".

I wish you the best and look forward to following your journey!

~Laura :)

Lavonne said...

Congratulations. I hope you get good news from the doctor. I've just returned home with Sophie. This part of the journey is the hardest, but you're on the home stretch. Peace, Lavonne

Carolynn and Steve said...

Oh HAPPY DANCING here, too!
I'm SOOOO excited for you guys that I can't even type right!
YAY YAY YAY!
Keep us posted!

Nicole said...

Congratulations- Jason and I are sooooo happy for both of you!!!