k
l
st
)n.
tr.v. black·list·ed, black·list·ing, black·lists A list of persons or organizations that have incurred disapproval or suspicion or are to be boycotted or otherwise penalized.
Today I found out that a list of more than 160 agencies located in the United States have been recognized as having failed to provide PPR's (Post Placement Reports). This list and a very detailed discussion is on FRUA an extremey helpful web-site which includes a chat that I read daily. Apparently the MOE (officials in Russia) have instructed all Regions (what they call their states) to not accept paperwork affiliated with the companies on this list. These agencies have a huge problem and if you are a family that used one of them for your Home-study then you do too.
Yes, you guessed it, we are going to be affected by this. When I read the news this morning I started crying. This adoption stuff makes me so sad sometimes! When Rich and I started our IA journey we signed up with another agency and a different country. Our current Placement Agency is not on the list but the agency we started with for our home-study is. So after e-mails and phone calls to the Placement agency I feel sightly better. It helped that I got to talk to the Director of the Russia Program. She is from Russia and hearing her accent just made me so happy. A very nice lady who talked me off the ledge and back through the window. My first conversation with a Russian at least until we go to meet Bunny! I am so happy that our Placement Agency is not on the list and that many of the families we have met here in Michigan will not be dealing with it in the same manner that we will be.
So the importance of the PPR's is being slammed right into my head. You can't really be upset with the MOE in Russia. They are only asking for what they have been promised they would receive. Without these reports they cannot confidently provide reassurance to the People of Russia that Americans are treating their fellow citizens appropriately. Please Pray that the families and agencies that have not completed the paper-work they contracted to do will complete it quickly. Pray that they understand their inaction is hurting not only the waiting families but also the children who deserve their forever family.
7 comments:
Hi Jolynn,
I found your blog and wanted to say hi. I am also in Michigan.
Sorry to hear about your homestudy situation -- I have some other friends who are affected by this as well. Not sure if this is true, but I heard last night that you can do an "update" - vs. redoing the whole home study. My homestudy agency wasn't on the list -- so if you need a name -- let me know!
Jolynn,
I just found you through Joy's blog. We are in the same situation---we JUST had our homestudy finished last week by one of the agencies on the list. This was after we changed placement agencies at the end of the summer. Our dossier is all ready to go. Again.
Let's keep in touch. I agree, this is incredibly discouraging, but hopefully it won't be something that we'll have to redo. I'm keeping you in my prayers!
Hi Jolynn,
How does a person get this list to know which home study agency to go with? We just submitted our dossier last month and I am worried that our home study agency might be on the list too.
I hope this doesn't hold you up too much!
Thanks,
Jana
Hi Jolynn,I saw that you are in Michigan as well. We live in Brighton. We are working with two agencies and the one that did our homestudy is on the list. Adoptions Options have not been very helpful. They are denying that they are having any problems with the MOE. We are trying to figure out what are next move is. It is very complicated and stressful. Dawn
Hey Jolynn,
My email address is: danivann@aol.com
I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I know all too well about the changes that Russia likes to make. Luckily we are bringing Colby home on Sat. I wish I knew of another agency to help you but ours is only on the East coast. Keep us posted, we will keep you in our thoughts. Keep checking our blog, I'm sure we will be putting more photos up soon. We got a couple cute ones today in Red Square.
Melissa
I'm in Michigan too. I found out about this while our dossier was at the secretary of state getting apostilled. Thus far neither our home study agency or our placment agency knows waht to do.
Post a Comment