
Yes, it's still going to be a long wait for a referral but this is one more small step closer. And it makes the whole process seem more concrete knowing where our child will be from. So for the last couple of days we've been googling Kaliningrad to learn more about it. It's a pretty interesting place. I won't go into too many details because you guys can always do your own googling
(strange how that's become a word in our language). However, there are two things I found to be interesting. First is that Kgrad is geographically separated from the rest of Russia. It's nestled between Lithuania and Poland on the Baltic Sea (click the map). I'm not sure what travel implications that may have on us because technically we'll have to travel in and out of Russia to get to Moscow. Hmmmm? Second, Kgrad was actually a German territory until WWII when it was annexed by the Soviets.So that's really the only new news we have.
2 comments:
Jolynn,
This is great news. If memory serves me correctly I think the wait between trip 1 and trip 2 is short. Like 6-8 weeks. I also think that they set the return trip either when you are there or right after you come back from trip 1.
Joy
hi guys.... this is awesome. i was doing some research on kgrad, very interesting...and this trip will definately be an adventure.
Post a Comment