Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Finger Print Day

Today we got up really early and drove downtown to the USCIS office to have our "biometrics" taken. Biometrics is just a fancy term for finger prints. This is part of the I-600 application and it's simply a criminal background check for both us. Overall, it was uneventful. We got down there about an hour before our appointment time. Don't laugh, traffic has sucked here lately and we weren't sure about the parking. The office was actually in a small strip mall on Jefferson Avenue just north of Cheyne Park. We sat there for about half an hour then to my total shock, they opened the doors and let us in. Wow, a government facility opening it's doors early. So we went in, filled out a one page form and had our prints taken. No more ink and paper in the 21st century. There is a very small scanner, very similar to a normal flatbed consumer scanner, and they just roll your fingers over it. And just like that, you're in the system. We were in and out before our appointment was supposed to start.

So unless I'm missing something, it truly is the waiting game. And like I've said in other posts, we have no control over the time frame. It's a when it happens it happens situation. Until then, please feel free to post any comments or questions. See you all next time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update!! I am keeping good thoughts for y'all!
love,
Buttons

tiglilygirl said...

Welcome to the Kaz adoption process!

Rich said...

Hi Katie,

Thanks for reading but we're in the Russian program now. We switched last fall.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for all three of you. I know the perfect baby or child will find you. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Barb & Barry

Anonymous said...

I keep your family in my daily prayers. Parenthood is an adventure that I hope you each will treasure daily. Somewhere your child is waiting for you just as you are waiting for them. Send your kisses each day and soon you will be on the journey of a lifetime of endless kisses! I wish you, Jolynn and Rich, every happiness and can't wait to hug and kiss your child. All My Love - kimmy :) On a lighter not .. LOVE THE BLOG!! :)